LoveScotch - The Scotch and Spirits Online Liquor Store
USA ONLY
My Orders | My Account | Register Now!
Saturday Aug 30, 2014
   Cart 0 Item(s) in your Cart
Browse Categories
Scotch
Spirits

Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve

Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve
View Large Image
Add To Compare
Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve
LS30-662*

Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky. The Gran Reserva is a fine Scotch in its own right, but wouldnít you know it, as soon as it was gone, people were clamoring for their dear, departed Cigar Malt. It seems that for as many people who didnít drink the Cigar Malt because they didnít smoke cigars, there were an equal number who couldnít possibly drink anything but the Cigar Malt while puffing away. Well, The Dalmore has listened to the people and the Cigar Malt is making its triumphant return. Like the first version, the Cigar Malt Reserve is made up whiskies between 10 and 14 years old, but this time around, a greater proportion has been aged in ex-Oloroso butts (70%, with the remaining 30% in ex-bourbon barrels) and the expression has been bottled at a slightly higher 44% ABV.

Details

  • Volume: 750 ML
  • Category: Single Malts
  • Distillery: Dalmore
  • Region: Highland
  • Age: Not specified
  • ABV: 44.0%
  • Availability: In Stock
Regular Price:
$155.95
$150.95
 
Distillery   Tasting Notes   Tell a friend   Add Review    
Dalmore

Dalmore is a distillery steeped in history. Itís located just north of Inverness in Alness. It sits on the shores of the Firth of Cromarty and has spectacular views over the Firth. The Distillery was established in 1839 and was bought by the MacKenzie family in 1886. The Stag on the bottles of Dalmore whisky comes from the MacKenzie family crest. The 12-pointed stag is a royal emblem. The MacKenzie family has the right to use the stag because back in 1263 a predecessor of the Clan MacKenzie saved King Alexander IIIís life. It is said that while hunting, the wounded stag charged at the king. In a gasp of desperation and before the stag got to the king it was killed by the Clan member. Dalmore Distillery is very different from many other distilleries as the stills are all different sizes and have flat topped stills. The different sized stills are said to give Dalmore its diverse flavors. The flat top stills came about because the original stills did not fit in the still house, so they cut the tops off of them. Happy with the spirit they produced, so they replicated the shape of the stills. Dalmore is owned by Whyte & Mackay Ltd. The distillery has eight stills, four wash stills, four spirit stills & they produce about 4,000,000 litres a year. House Style: Rich, flavorful, orange marmalade. After dinner.


Nose: Notes of tobacco, orange, and berry, drenched in dark chocolate and caramel and spiced with cinnamon and pepper. There is something else earthy as well, perhaps itís more leathery. Palate: Entry is defined by sweet orange, but is quickly replaced by earthy dark chocolate spiced with cinnamon, pepper, and clove. Sweet caramel and vanilla are also present along with a number of fruit notes in the tropical spectrum including pineapple, kiwi, and mango. Also something woody, which gives this malt a rustic edge ó while still retaining its elegant character. Finish: Spicy wood smoke.

Visitors must be 21 years or older to enter LoveScotch.com

By checking this box I hereby agree to these terms and conditions and state that I am of legal purchase age.

Bookmark Lovescotch.com (optional)